Summer: You weren't wrong, Tom. You were just wrong about me.
(500 Days of Summer)
I just had a dream couple of days ago (true story)... See I've never been in a relationship and hoping that I will meet the "one". Never really fallen in love. So that night, I dreamed of a girl whom I didn't know. She's pretty, full of energy and looks smart. I didn't even know who that girl is. She's like someone from somewhere. And in that dream, I actually felt like we instantly clicked.
What I'm thinking is... why is that face with that personality came in my dream and I really felt like there's something in her that made me happy. I mean, I didn't really know that woman. She have this nerdy sunglasses and below the shoulder length hair. She's like a ball of energy that radiates.
How would you explain that? out of all the faces that could've register to my subconscious, why that face came into my dream? Is it the effect of my own lonely boy or is it something beyond that? mind you i didn't wet my undies.
Is that destiny? I mean I'm pretty serious. I'm like dissing the idea cause it was kinda absurd. random pretty girl into your dreams? what would you call that?
onto the question,
I'm not 100% buying the idea of destiny. Maybe let's just say there's a 2/98 probability that it is true. Maybe it's just really up to you to decide. Is that 2/98 can make you believe?
Maybe sometimes, fate tries to give you a push and it's up to you to really go all the way. Maybe the fate gods makes the mistake in giving you a hint that you end up in something that'll crush your heart.
Isn't it beautiful, to see things that way? What are the odds really? A split second earlier (you're eyes turned away from her direction when she's about to look at you)? A youtube channel (she's in that video you favorited)? A chair between you and her between the LRT? your choice of ending the relationship?
I'm not certain that it is there, but just like religion, we believe not by sight but by our faith. And in that seed of faith, lies your belief of existence in destiny. Maybe you just have to believe.

No comments:
Post a Comment